Hello. Welcome to my photo site. I hope you enjoy it. Please feel let me know if you have a favorite pic.
- Christmas Card 2007
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Gull Point Marina and Townhomes, Millsboro,DE
- Philly Pics
- Pics from Planes
A small collection of pictures from the air. No matter how much I fly, I still love to look out the window and see the world from that perspective.
- Washington, DC
This folder contains pics of the DC area from various dates.
- Gull Point Gang 2015 Season
- Gull Point Gang 2014 Season
- Grand Canyon, AZ
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Vacation in DE
- Montreal, Canada
- Formula 1: Canadian Grand Prix
- Devon Horse Show
- Dewey Beach, DE
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Christmas Party
- Paris, France
- France and Belgium
- Gull Point Gang 2013 Season
- Seattle, WA
- Dale Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, Seattle, WA
Chihuly Garden and Glass is a museum in the Seattle Center showcasing the studio glass of artisit Dale Chihuly.
- Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA and Whale Watching
While working in Seattle, I took a weekend boat trip to Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA. San Juan Island is a small island just across the channel from Victoria Canada.
- Tacoma, WA
- Museum of Flight, Boeing Field Seattle, WA
- Seattle Aquarium, Seattle, WA
- Tanner, Logan, and the Grubers Visit Delaware
- IndyCar Pocono 400
- Barcelona Auto Show
- Barcelona Spain
- Formula 1 Gran Primio de Espana (Grand Prix of Spain)
- Sant Feliu de Guixols, Spain
- Cadaques, Spain
Cadaques is a small fishing and artist village on the southern coast of Spain, the Costa Brava region, near the boarder with France. It was the home of Salvador Dali.
- A weekend in California (Temecula, Newport, and Catalina Island)
- Christmas in Phoenix 2012
- Las Noches de las Luminarias, Desert Botanical Garden, Phoenix, AZ
- A Visit to Melissa's House
- Post-Sandy Delaware Fly-Over
- 9/11 Memorial, NYC
- Gull Point, Millsboro, DE
Pics of the beach house furnished as well as sunrise from the dock.
- Key West, FL 2012
- Miami Beach, FL 2012
- Views From My New Office
- Millsboro, DE
- Highlights from Christmas/New Year's 2011
- October Surprise Snowstorm
- Costa Rica
- Zip Line Tour, Costa Rica
- Phoenix, AZ
- Adventure Aquarium, Camden, NJ
- Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, IA
- Honda IndyCar 200, Lexington, OH
- Muir Woods and Sausalito. CA
Visiting the redwoods in Muir woods with a short stop in Sausalito.
- San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco, CA from the Helicopter
- Indianapolis 500, Indianapolis, IN
- First pics of my new home
- Ben Franklin Bridge Walk
Bella and I took a walk across the Ben Franklin Bridge on the first nice, warm Saturday of the season.
- Winter Jam @ the Piazza
The Piazza had a winter festival. It gave me a chance to practice with action shot photography; something I have not been very good at.
- Snow - January 26-27, 2011
- January in Brigantine, NJ
- Christmas 2010 (Album 2)
- Christmas 2010
- Thanksgiving 2010
- Baltimore, MD
- Austin, TX
- One Night in Fort Worth
Miki and her friends took me out to experience Fort Worth on my last business trip.
- Buffett 2010 - We are the People Our Parents Warned Us About
- Dickinson Paws and Pals Picnic
A group of old Dickinson alumni friends decided to have a picnic with our families and pets.
- Memorial Day Weekend, 2010
- Historic Home Tours, Spring 2010: Houses of Fairmount Park and Bartram's Gardens
Woodford: In 1756-58 William Coleman, a Philadelphia merchant and close friend of Benjamin Franklin, built this elegant country home. Woodford is one of the most elegant survivors of the early “summer retreats” that were built along the Schuylkill River during the eighteenth and early nineteenth century by Philadelphia’s well-to-do.
Mount Pleasant: Scottish ship captain John Macpherson (1726–1792) and his first wife, Margaret, built their grand country estate on this site—high atop cliffs overlooking the Schuylkill River—between 1762 and 1765. They employed as their builder-architect Thomas Nevell (1721–1797), an apprentice of Edmund Woolley, the builder of Independence Hall.
Bartram's Gardens: Bartram's Gardens is the oldest surviving botanic garden in North America, including an historic botanical garden and arboretum (established circa 1728), located on the west bank of the Schuylkill River.
- DC Gang in Philly
- Pictures from Home: Dogs, Horses, and Aengus
- Easter 2010
- Pictures from Home: Contours and Patterns
- 2010 Washington, DC Cherry Blossoms
- Feb. 9-10 Blizzard
Ok, you know it is bad when I, would could arguably bore you with pictures of any mundane thing, is so tired of snow that I can't find any more artsy pictures to take. I am retiring the camera until the spring flowers and sunshine return.
- Snow Deja Vu
For the second time in about six weeks, the DC area is getting pounded by a monster snow storm.
- Winter Snow Pics
- Christmas 2009
- Christmas Eve 2009
- Blizzard 2009, Alexandria, VA
Two feet of snow in 24 hours in the DC area....need I say more?
- Christmas @ National Harbor
- Thanksgiving 2009
- Historic Home Tours, Fall 2009: Stenton and Cliveden
Stenton is known as one of the earliest, best-preserved and most believable historic houses in Philadelphia. As part of Philadelphia's Historic Northwest, Stenton now sits on three acres of the original 500-acre plantation. The site includes an elegant c. 1730 mansion, a kitchen wing, privy, icehouse, barn, and Colonial Revival garden.
Located in the Germantown neighborhood of Northwest Philadelphia, the walls of Cliveden’s historic Chew House sheltered British troops from George Washington’s army during the Battle of Germantown. Built in the mid-18th century by Benjamin Chew, Cliveden served as home to Philadelphia’s Chew Family for seven generations.
- Universal Studios, Orlando, FL
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL.
- Library Of Congress
Views from the Library of Congress' Great Hall as well as inside the new Capitol Visitors' Center.
- Historic Home Tours, Fall 2009: Clayton House, Fallingwater, Kentuck Knob, and Pittsburgh
- George Washington Masonic Memorial
The George Washington Masonic Memorial was built in the 1920s by the more than two million American Freemasons who wished to: "express in durability and beauty the undying esteem of the Freemasons of the United States for him in whose memory it shall stand throughout the coming years."
- Historic Home Tours, Fall 2009: Hampton, Towson, MD
Hampton is the story of people -- enslaved African Americans, indentured servants, industrial and agricultural workers, and owners. When it was finished in 1790, Hampton was the largest house in the United States.
- September in DC
Just a random set of pics from my ramblings today....the Capitol, Capitol Hill, Eastern Market, Kenilworth Park Aquatic Garden, and the US Air Force Memorial.
- National Harbor, MD
- The Gang Visits Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD
- Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, PA
The Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia is considered one of America's most historic former prisons. It was operational from 1829 until 1971. Its revolutionary system of incarceration was the first to establish the policy of solitary confinement, emphasizing principles of reform rather than punishment. Notorious criminals such as bank robber Willie Sutton and Al Capone were held inside its unique wagon wheel design. When the building was erected it was the largest and most expensive public structure ever constructed, quickly becoming a model for more than 300 prisons worldwide.
- Harper's Ferry, WV
If the hike up the mountain doesn't kill you, the view once you get there is spectacular. However, I tried to take an easier trail down...I knew I was in trouble when I passed the National Park Service boundary marker. By then I was about 2 miles from where I started and had to go back those 2 miles AND back up over the mountain. I should have just tried to make it to the stone fort.
- Annapolis, MD and the U.S. Naval Academy
- Theodore Roosevelt Island, Washington, DC
- Metro Mix-up
Pam and I ran for a train so we would not miss it...unfortunately, in our rush, we forgot to pay attention to what direction the train was going.
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, Washington, DC
- July 4th and Family Picnic
- Annual Dickinson Gang Getaway - Knoxville, TN
Each year a group of us that went to college together go to someone's home for a weekend. This year Christina and Jeremy hosted us in Knoxville, TN.
- We Are the People Our Parents Warned Us About
Pictures and videos from a fun and surprise filled weekend getaway to Philadelphia for two Jimmy Buffett concerts and a Phillies game. I had the chance to meet up with a bunch of old friends as well as enjoy Tanner and Logan's first concert.
- Poplar Forest
For the last stop on the Spring 2009 Historic Home Tour, we went to Poplar Forest, Thomas Jefferson's summer home, and then stopped at Sugarleaf Vineyards on the way home.
- Key West, FL
- Mt. Vernon Bike Path
I used the first summery weather to dust off the bike and ride along the Potomac. I also discovered that my new water and shock proof camera can withstand a fall to the pavement at 22 miles per hour and survive with just a dent.
- Dumbarton Oaks Gardens and Springtime in DC
Dumbarton Oaks is an estate located right in DC which is now owned by Harvard University. Scholars from all over the world come to study landscape arts in the gardens as well as pre-Columbian and Byzantine art. It was stop #2 on this year's historic hour tour that Janet arranges each spring.
- Outer Banks, Avon, NC
- 2009 Cherry Blossoms, Washington, DC
- Obama Inauguration - "We Are One" Opening Ceremony Concert
- Arlington National Cemetary
- Wine Tasting in Northern Virginia
- Great Falls National Park
This is my new favorite spot in the Greater Washington, DC area. Thank you to Kathi and Kim for suggesting I visit.
Great Falls is an area where the Potomac River flows through a narrow gorge just before reaching the Georgetown area of DC and becoming the river we all know from images of DC. The rock walls are remnants of a canal that was built in 1784.
- Pentagon 9/11 Memorial
I was able to attend the public opening of the 9/11 Memorial at the Pentagon. It is moving. I recommend seeing it at night.
- Washington National Cathedral
- England, UK
I am working on a project in Windsor, just outside London, for a few months and will be updating this album as I get chances to get out and see the area.
- Matthew and Kim's Wedding
The photos in this album are a subset of the pictures I took for Matthew and Kim at their wedding.
- Birthday Weekend 2008, Millsboro, DE
- Montreal, Canada
- Boston, MA
Melanie, Tanner, Logan, and I got to explore Boston from June 26-29, 2008
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Washington, DC Cherry Blossoms
- Sedona, Flagstaff, Jerome, and Tucson, AZ
I had two days off from my business trip to Tucson and made the grand tour of Arizona. I stayed in Sedona and made side trips to Flagstaff and Jerome before returning to Tucson to take pictures from the side of Mt. Lemmon.
- Arizona Jan. - March 2008
A few shots I snapped while working at a client site in Arizona. The pics on the road were taken while driving from Tucson to Phoenix.
- Thanksgiving 2007, New Ringgold, PA
So much for a "dusting" of snow. We ended up with 10" and no electricity.
- New York City 2007
I spent a significant amount of time each week from September - November working on a project in NYC. This is a collection of pics from several trips and the weekend Melanie and the boys came to visit me.
- Las Vegas, NV
- Dickinson Gang at the Bay
Annual Dickinson group reunion on the Chesapeake Bay
- Birthday Weekend
- National Zoo, Washington, DC
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum - Dulles Annex
These pictures are from the fairly new expansion of the Air and Space Museum located at Dulles Airport.
- The Queen Mary
This album contains pics from my stay on the Queen Mary. Because my digital camera would not recharge, I had to use a disposable camera which did not take very good pics. I was told that the staff often hears from guests that digital cameras don't work and film picture quality does not come out well on the supposedly VERY haunted ship. (They have tours of the haunting sightings and actually do ghost hunting on the ship -- needless to say, I was awake for 2 full days!!!) These pics do not do the ship justice. She is beautiful with very rich colors, etc. You can see more of her at www.queenmary.com
- Long Beach, CA
I had to travel to Long Beach, CA for work, so I decided to stay and make a weekend out of it.
- Universal Studios, Los Angeles, CA
These pictures are from Universal Studios, Hollywood.
- Holmes Run Park Bike Path
This is the bike path that connects to my apartment complex. It's hard to believe this is right in the middle of a very urban area.
- Broad Street Run, Philadelphia, PA
Run Christian, Run!!
- Arlington National Cemetery - April 29, 2007
I needed to get away from unpacking so I took my camera to Arlington.